- RSS Channel Showcase 8979266
- RSS Channel Showcase 7610606
- RSS Channel Showcase 9674043
- RSS Channel Showcase 5822411
Articles on this Page
- 08/26/13--15:07: _Will loan payoff he...
- 10/10/13--00:53: _Thursday’s need-to-...
- 05/11/14--22:04: _Monday’s need-to-kn...
- 10/12/15--09:51: _Monday’s need-to-kn...
- 12/22/15--10:36: _Tuesday’s need-to-k...
- 02/12/16--09:54: _Friday’s need-to-kn...
- 02/29/16--07:58: _Q&A: Loaning money ...
- 03/28/16--08:00: _Q&A: Bad boyfriend ...
- 05/02/16--08:00: _Q&A: Co-signing for...
- 07/07/16--10:14: _Thursday’s need-to-...
- 10/04/16--06:17: _Q&A: Spouse balks a...
- 11/11/16--11:23: _Fridays’s need-to-k...
- 04/17/17--10:27: _Q&A: Co-signing a l...
- 10/16/17--11:27: _Monday’s need-to-kn...
- 12/04/17--12:30: _Would a bank payday...
- 08/26/13--15:07: Will loan payoff help or hurt credit scores?
- 10/10/13--00:53: Thursday’s need-to-know money news
- 05/11/14--22:04: Monday’s need-to-know money news
- 10/12/15--09:51: Monday’s need-to-know money news
- 12/22/15--10:36: Tuesday’s need-to-know money news
- 02/12/16--09:54: Friday’s need-to-know money news
- 02/29/16--07:58: Q&A: Loaning money to family
- 03/28/16--08:00: Q&A: Bad boyfriend plagues grandparents’ finances
- 05/02/16--08:00: Q&A: Co-signing for a student loan backfires
- 07/07/16--10:14: Thursday’s need-to-know money news
- 10/04/16--06:17: Q&A: Spouse balks at wife’s franchise-financing scheme
- 11/11/16--11:23: Fridays’s need-to-know money news
- 04/17/17--10:27: Q&A: Co-signing a loan may affect credit score
- 10/16/17--11:27: Monday’s need-to-know money news
- 12/04/17--12:30: Would a bank payday loan be any safer?
Dear Liz: Two years ago, my husband was denied a revolving $12,000 line of credit. The credit reporting agency indicated that denial was based on “little revolving usage, insufficient or no bank lines, and insufficient open accounts with zero balances.” Nine months ago, however, he was approved for a car loan and received a FICO […]
What to do when your adult kids ask for money, the bad side of credit card cash advances, and how the debt ceiling debacle could hit your wallet. How to Handle Loan Request From Adult Kids Carefully maneuvering a potential minefield. 4 Dangers of Credit Card Cash Advances The fees alone should make you think […]
Today’s top story: Why you should ditch your debit card. Also in the news: Knowing when it’s okay to co-sign for a loan, how much credit card debt is too much, and 3 common mistakes when choosing an insurance plan. 5 Expert Reasons to Ditch Your Debit Card Why some believe credit is better than […]
Today’s top story: How to get the best deal on a new cellphone. Also in the news: What happens to your debts after you die, when a loan beats a credit card, and how to decide if you need life insurance. Buying a cellphone? Here’s how to get the best deal. Read the fine print. […]
Today’s top story: The credit card mistakes you make every year. Also in the news: How to make a stress-free loan to your adult kids, how to bounce back from a financial setback, and the questions you should ask your employer about your 401(k). 5 Credit Card Mistakes You Repeat Every Year Breaking the cycle. […]
Today’s top story: The best places to find a small-dollar loan. Also in the news: What is considered a bad credit score, things you don’t have to pay taxes on, and how not to lose money on your house by following the five year rule. Where to Find a Small-Dollar Loan Without paying astronomical interest. […]
Dear Liz: My cousin borrowed some money from us because he said they were behind on their house payments. It was only a small amount, but we said we wanted to sit down with him and his wife to discuss this. He agreed to meet with us in the evening of the day he received […]
Dear Liz: We have raised our granddaughter since birth. She is the apple of our eyes. Then she fell in love. The boyfriend had no job, no car. My husband co-signed a loan for this boy! He didn’t even know the boy’s last name. I was devastated, as we are on Social Security so our […]
Dear Liz: My wife and I both had excellent credit scores. Now mine are in the dump. I co-signed for a friend’s daughter’s school loan 10 years ago. I know now this was a bad mistake. I guaranteed $25,000. Now two things have happened: The daughter quit paying the loan and the friendship took a […]
Today’s top story: What you need to know about your W-2. Also in the news: How the “Five-Finger Checkup” can save your financial life, the best method for paying off different kinds of loans, and apps that will help manage your money. 6 Things You Need to Know About Your W-2 Deciphering what it means. […]
Dear Liz: My wife has an MBA and essentially has been a homemaker due to having a disabled child. She would like to go back to work and has asked me to cosign a $1.5-million loan to buy a franchise. In addition, she would like to use all the savings we have —$140,000 — for […]
Today’s top story: Smart business ideas for veterans. Also in the news: the average amount of checking account fees over a decade, why a quarter of homebuyers are unhappy with their mortgage lender, and the factors banks consider when applying for a loan. 3 Smart Business Ideas for Veterans Thank you for your service. Study: […]
Dear Liz: Despite having high credit card debt (about $35,000), which I am working hard to pay off, my FICO score is consistently over 765 and I have never been denied credit — until now. I was recently denied for a card because of “high debt to earnings” (I earn about $85,000 annually.) Could that […]
Today’s top story: Feds, 11 states crack down on student loan scams. Also in the news: Adding a loan to your shopping cart, 5 top benefits of a Roth IRA, and setting your holiday spending budget in October. Feds, 11 States Crack Down on Student Loan Scams Cracking down. Should You Add a Loan to […]
A “safer” payday loan sounds like an oxymoron. Critics have branded these notoriously high-cost loans as debt traps that cause borrowers to go ever deeper in the hole. Thanks to a recent regulatory change, it now may be possible for banks to offer small, short-term loans that could be a lot less dangerous for borrowers. […]